The national government has introduced a unique facial recognition technology for the submission of life certificates by retirees. This technology helps retirees submit life certificates from the comfort of their own home. All retirees must submit the certificates every year in order to continue to receive the pension.
The retirees are mandated to issue life certificates to their pension paying agencies (PDAs) such as banks, post offices etc to continue to receive their pension. In the past, retirees could generate digital life certificates by visiting citizen service centers or designated government offices or bank branches.
The technology introduced by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions will help about 68 lakh central government retirees as well as those under the EPFO and state governments.
The facial recognition technology was developed by the National Informatics Center (NIC), the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
How to generate a digital life certificate
Download the Jeevan Pramaan Face application from the official website
Click Client Installation Document for Android Face App
· Send all information and you will receive an installation link on your certified mail
· Click on the link, received by mail, to install the app
· On the Operator Authentication screen, enter your Aadhaar details, mobile number and email address.
· Click send and enter the OTP received on your mobile number.
· Scan your face as an operator and after successful facial recognition you will see a message on the screen that says ‘Customer registration successful’.
· After operator authentication, a screen for pension authentication appears.
· Now fill in all personal details such as name, pension type, sanction authority, PPO number, pension account number and accept the personal statement together with the conditions.
· Click the confirmation message on the screen and scan your face.
· Click the “Guide Face Authentication” checkbox and click “Continue”.
· The retirees receive a message on the mobile number with a link to download the digital life certificate.