Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Portfolio: Bulls roared in D-street for Holi, as major indices rose 2 percent on Thursday. Two of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’s portfolio stocks, Titan Company and Star Health Insurance, boosted his net worth by Rs 861 crore. In yesterday’s trading, Titan Company shares rose from Rs 2587.30 to Rs 2706 while making a jump from Rs 118.70 per share. Similarly, Star Health Insurance’s share rose from Rs 608.80 to Rs 641 per share. In yesterday’s trading, this stock saw a rise of Rs 32.20 per share.
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Equity Holding
According to Titan Company’s stock pattern for the period October to December 2021, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala and his wife Rekha Jhunjhunwala have invested in the company. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala owns 3,57,10,395 Titan Company shares, which is 4.02 percent of the company’s total subscribed capital. Likewise, Rekha Jhunjhunwala owns 95.40,575 Titan shares or a 1.07 percent stake in the company. Thus, the Jhunjhunwala couple together own 4.52.50,970 company shares or a 5.09% stake in this flagship company of Tata Group.
As per the latest exchange statement, Big Bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala has stated that he owns 10,07,53,935 shares, which is 17.50 percent of the company’s total subscribed capital. As Rakesh Jhunjhunwala owns 4.52.50,970 Titan Company shares and the price of Titan share rose Rs 118.70 on Thursday. So the net increase in wealth of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala is about Rs 537 crore (Rs 118.70 x 126.96.36.1990).
Likewise, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala owns 10,07,53,935 Star Health shares which rose Rs 32.20 per share on Thursday. Therefore, the net increase in the net worth of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala due to the rise in Star Health share price is about Rs 324 crore (Rs 32.20 x 10,07,53,935).
Therefore, the total increase in the net worth of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala due to the increase in Titan share price and Star Health share price is about Rs 861 crore.
Should you add Titan, Star Health Insurance to your portfolio?
Osho Krishnan, senior analyst for technical and derivative research at Angel One, said: “Titan has seen a spectacular breakthrough to enter the unknown territory. The stock has witnessed a breakout of consolidation that has been supported by significant traded volumes, pointing to the strength of the breakout. Finally, on the weekly timeframe, the stock has shown a decisive close, confirming the strength of the momentum. The stock has strong support near the 2550-2580 odd zone, and until it stays above the same, the strong bullish image is expected to remain intact in the counter.”
Star health insurance
Star Health saw Motilal Oswal Securities kick off coverage with a “buy” call on Thursday. However, the target the domestic brokerage has set for the battered shares of Rs 750 is below the issue price of Rs 900. “Star offers a unique proposition to play the fastest growing segment in the general insurance industry. Given its market leadership in the retail health sector, strong earnings growth outlook (25 percent plus CAGR), limited cyclical risk (commercial insurance and auto insurance have high cyclicality), and a healthy RoE profile (15–17 percent over the medium term), we find We believe the stock deserves a premium,” the brokerage said.
Motilal Oswal said the company is the market leader in the health insurance industry, with a retail market share of 31 percent, and the company is poised to grow at a relatively faster pace relative to the general health insurance industry.
Disclaimer:Disclaimer: The expert opinions and investment tips contained in this News18.com report are their own and not those of the website or its management. Users are advised to contact certified experts before making any investment decisions.
Read all the latest news, breaking news and the war between Ukraine and Russia here.