The University of Delhi has opened the portal for CUET undergraduate programs admission tests for the academic year 2022-23. After a two-year hiatus, the CUET recordings will see the return of physical trials for seats reserved for sports and extracurricular activities (ECA).
This year, the influx of students through the sports and ECA quotas is expected to be about five percent of the total, significantly exceeding the one percent trend over the years. The weight of the certified and physical proofs for the reserved seats is set at 75 percent, while the CUET scores are given a weight of 25 percent.
Sports quota procedure for CUET
Sports tests will have a weight of 75 percent, while the remaining 25 percent will apply to certificates obtained by the candidate in the past five years. Candidates who have represented the country in various international competitions, including the Olympic and Commonwealth Games, will be admitted without trial. They are also given priority in the allocation of seats. Students appearing for the sports tests are allowed to register for a maximum of three different sports.
ECA procedure for CUET
With the exception of NCC (National Cadet Corps) and NSS (National Service Scheme), students who appear for the physical tests will be given a score of 60. The remaining 15 points will be awarded to the certificates obtained by the candidate in the past five years. For NCC and NSS candidates, all 75 points will be awarded based on certificates. Of the 14 categories allocated for the ECA studies, students may apply for a maximum of three. However, the student is only admitted in one category.
Sports seats and ECA quota
The quota seats Sport and ECA are redundant in nature. This means that the number of admissions through the sports and ECA quota is different and above the regular admission process. The allocation of these seats will take effect after the third round of the distribution of seats for regular admissions.
Read all Latest education news and Important news here