The Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) will soon commence the National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination, NEET-UG 2022 counseling for the AIQ (All India Quota) seats. While 15 percent of the seats will be filled through the AIQ, the remaining 85 percent of the seats will be filled by individual states. This year, of the 17,64,571 students who passed the exam, 9,93,069 candidates passed the medical entrance exam, yielding a pass rate of 56.27.
While the AIQ counseling scheme is yet to come out, several states including Tamil Nadu and Karnataka have already started the counseling process for admission into the state medical colleges through NEET 2022 scores. While Maharashtra, West Bengal, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and several others will begin the process soon. View all state guidance websites here.
Read also| NEET cutoff lowest in 3 years, will it be easier to get admitted to top medical schools?
The Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu, has already started the registration process for NEET UG 2022 counseling at tnmedicalselection.net. The deadline for submitting the application form is 3 October before 5 p.m. A total of 1,32,167 candidates from Tamil Nadu appeared in NEET this year and out of the total, 67,787 qualified for the admission test.
While Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test (CET) Cell will soon start the state counseling process. The Common Admission Process (CAP) portal is made available at cetcell.mahacet.org. The application process for admission to Karnataka colleges has also started at kea.kar.nic.in. Document verification starts from September 26.
This year, more than 18.5 lakh candidates registered for the largest medical admission test in India this year. It was held on July 17 in pen and paper mode. The provisional key was distributed among the candidates who were then given time to object. Later, the final answer key and result were prepared based on their objections.
Read all Latest education news and Important news here