Evidence from numerous independent social media researchers in China has shown that the People’s Liberation Army lost more than 40 soldiers in the Galwan Valley in June 2020, the editor of an investigative newspaper in Australia told DailyExpertNews today.
The editor of the Klaxon, Anthony Klan, said, citing a year-long investigation by Chinese social media researchers, that there was a clash between Indian and Chinese forces on the night of June 5, 2020, after which both sides agreed to destroy the infrastructure. to be removed immediately. area on the Galwan River.
However, on June 15, Chinese forces attempted to remove a makeshift bridge that Indian soldiers were using to cross Chinese activity and monitor Chinese activity, Mr Klan told DailyExpertNews, adding that it led to the violent confrontation. At least 38 Chinese soldiers who were on the bridge fell into the icy Galwan River in freezing temperatures, were washed away and drowned, he said.
China claims four soldiers were killed in the clash. Twenty Indian soldiers were killed in Galwan.
“Instead of removing the infrastructure, Chinese troops removed a temporary bridge that India was using to inspect the area, and this led to the June 15 conflict… That evening when Chinese soldiers encountered returned, several had been killed , we were told,” Klan told DailyExpertNews.
China then quickly censored information on social media about the victims.
“Conversations with people on the ground include significant details about the Chinese soldiers who were washed away, adding weight to the fact that China has done its best to censor all information about victims,” Klan said, adding: “We know that it’s significantly more than four deaths. The exact number that keeps coming back is 38.”
There were reports that several first-person accounts of the Galwan clash had surfaced on social media in China in the days following the violent confrontation.
“That’s right. And, of course, the fact that that was removed, and in such a hurry, we managed to get recorded records of this source data, but when it was removed so quickly, gives us another strong indication of China’s eagerness to stop debating or discussing the victims,” Klan said.
The Klaxon report also quoted a Weibo user who claimed to have served in the area. The user claimed that the Chinese military was creating infrastructure in the buffer zone, violating the mutual agreement, and since April 2020 has been trying to expand patrol limits within the buffer zone.