Last updated: January 31, 2023, 7:19 PM IST
There is a common perception that caffeine is good before we start exercising because it can give us an instant energy boost. But caffeinated drinks like coffee combined with milk and sugar can lead to dehydration during exercise (Image: Canva)
Experts suggest that we should consume a snack for at least 30 minutes before doing any kind of exercise.
There are different opinions about eating before going to the gym. While many suggest eating before training, there are others who advocate avoiding a full stomach while hitting the gym. However, there is nothing more unpleasant than enduring a strenuous workout on an empty stomach. However, being too full can also hinder our training session.
Experts suggest that we should consume a snack for at least 30 minutes before doing any kind of exercise. It will provide us with the energy we need and the muscle support to last through our entire workout. But that doesn’t mean we can eat everything. We often tend to eat foods that we consume frequently, but that may not be ideal when we hit the gym.
Here is a list of such foods that you should avoid before starting exercise.
1. Almonds are extremely healthy because of their healthy fat content and other compounds. But they also have a rough, fibrous surface, which is difficult to digest and can give us stomachaches during exercise. Instead, you can save them for post-workout when the body needs healthy fats and protein to recharge.
Also Read: 5 Romantic Destinations In North India To Celebrate Valentine’s Day
2. There is a common perception that caffeine is good before exercise as it can give us an instant energy boost. But caffeinated drinks like coffee combined with milk and sugar can lead to dehydration during exercise.
3. Flaxseed is very popular with people who follow a strict diet. There is no doubt that they are healthy. They contain much more fiber. However, they take a long time to be digested. Hence, these should be avoided unless we have a lot of time before hitting the gym.
4. We should try to avoid spicy foods before exercising. They help speed up our metabolism, but they often lead to heartburn and upset stomach.
5. In general, fried foods should be avoided in our diet, but we all tend to indulge in them from time to time. But it is strictly forbidden to eat fried foods before exercise. The high fat content in fried foods makes us lethargic.
Read all the Latest Lifestyle News here