dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan was a great orator, teacher, scholar, philosopher, academic and statesman. He was the first vice president and second president of independent India. dr. Radhakrishnan, born on September 5, 1888, died on April 17, 1975. Every year his birthday is celebrated as Teacher’s Day in India. The noble thoughts and ideas of Dr. Radhakrishnan continue to influence the present generation.
On the anniversary of his death, here are some of his inspirational quotes:
1. Books are the means by which we build bridges between cultures.
2. Tolerance is the tribute the finite mind pays to the inexhaustibility of the infinite.
3. Knowledge gives us power; love gives us the fullness.
4. When we think we know, we stop learning.
5. God lives, feels and suffers in each of us, and in time His attributes, knowledge, beauty and love will be revealed in each of us.
6. The end product of education should be a free creative man who can fight against historical circumstances and the misfortunes of nature.
7. True religion is a revolutionary force: it is an inveterate enemy of oppression, privilege and injustice.
8. The main function of a university is not to confer degrees and diplomas, but to develop the university spirit and promote learning. The first is impossible without business, the second without honors and postgraduate.
9. Dissatisfaction with the real is the necessary condition for any moral change and spiritual rebirth.
10. Teachers should be the best minds in the country.
11. It is not God that is worshipped, but the authority that claims to speak in His name. Sin becomes disobedience to authority and not a violation of integrity.
12. The worst sinner has a future, just as the greatest saint has had a past. No one is as good or bad as he imagines.
13. It takes ages to make a little bit of history; it takes centuries of history to make a tradition.
Read all the latest news, breaking news and IPL 2022 Live Updates here.