Last updated: January 25, 2023, 8:17 PM IST
Winters make your skin look dull and dry. As the temperature drops, the lack of moisture in the air becomes the main cause of dullness. And your skin can face various problems like roughness and dryness, itchy and stretchy skin and clogged pores, which further cause blemishes and rashes. To overcome such problems, we often use certain skin care products such as moisturizers and facial cleansers. Instead of using these chemically treated products, opt for organic and homemade ingredients. Natural facial scrubs are the best to use as it penetrates the skin layer, heals the damaged cells and helps to develop new skin cells. One of the best ways to exfoliate is to use fruit pulp.
Usually we use fruit pulp made from bananas, oranges and papaya. Grapefruits also act as a natural scrub. It contains essential elements such as salicylic acid, which helps to exfoliate the skin. The fruit works effectively in treating acne and pimples, unclogging pores and helping to remove dead skin cells and blackheads. It also contains exfoliating agents, which are beneficial for glowing and flawless skin. Vitamin C is also found in abundance in grapefruits, which nourishes the skin and makes it soft and supple. Loaded with collagen properties, grapefruit used as an exfoliator can also reduce wrinkles and dark circles.
You can definitely include this fruit scrub in your skin care routine as it helps fight skin aging issues. Let’s take a look at this DIY tip, on how to prepare a grapefruit scrub.
What do you need:
To make the scrub you will need a grapefruit, ½ cup of sugar and 3 tablespoons of almond oil. In addition, an airtight container is also required.
Method of preparation
– First cut the grapefruit into two pieces and scoop out the pulp.
– Now take a bowl, pour the pulp into it and add sugar and almond oil
– Mix all ingredients well and make a thick paste. The fruit scrub is ready, you can also prepare this mixture in a good amount and store it in an airtight container for further use.
Method of application
– First of all, clean and wipe your face and neck.
– Now take this scrub in the required amount and apply it on the face.
– Then gently massage in circular movements with your hands for a few minutes and exfoliate the skin.
– Then wash your face with normal water after 5 minutes.
– You can also use this paste to exfoliate your whole body.
(Disclaimer: The information in this article is based on common beliefs. News18 does not endorse them. Please contact the relevant expert before implementing.)
Read all the Latest Lifestyle News here