We all know that a balanced diet and exercise help to shed the extra pounds. But do you know how much you need to exercise or run daily to lose weight? To lose weight, many use different techniques, but running is one of the most common exercises that can be done at a comfortable pace and at any time of the day.
According to a report in Healthline, running burns a large number of calories. It is more effective for weight loss than any other exercise. When you run, you use maximum power. The report revealed that running 1,600 meters burns 35 more calories than walking. If you run 8-10 kilometers daily, you burn 350 calories more than walking.
Research from Harvard University found that 30 minutes of running at a speed of 10 km per hour burns about 372 calories. Running also helps to reduce belly fat faster. Many studies show that belly fat is very harmful to health and increases the risk of heart disease.
High aerobic exercise like running can prove to be very effective in reducing belly fat. If you’re walking at a good pace, you don’t need to change your diet. Cycling also reduces belly fat.
Benefits of running:
1. Running improves cardiovascular fitness and helps maintain a healthy weight.
2. Running helps build strong bones.
3. Running also reduces the risk of cataracts and protects against other diseases as well.
4. People over 60 years old should jog to avoid knee pain.
5. Running also increases joint strength and improves stability.
6. It promotes better sleep and improves mood.
7. Many studies suggest that running can also improve symptoms of depression and anxiety.
8. It also helps control blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
You need to make some changes in your diet to help you with sustainable weight loss in the long run.
Read the Latest news and Important news here