Do you often catch your breath while walking or climbing stairs? And do you often link that to a lack of stamina or an increase in cholesterol levels? However, shortness of breath or shortness of breath can have different reasons and one should consult a doctor before concluding.
Some people may suddenly become short of breath for short periods of time. There can be times when a dyspnea attack starts suddenly and can be a medical emergency. Healthline reveals possible causes of such seizures as:
An asthma attack, heart attack, low blood pressure, carbon monoxide poisoning, an allergic reaction, a blood clot in the lung also called pulmonary embolism.
Others may experience it in the long run, which can last from a few weeks to months. According to Healthline, a person can become short of breath for the following reasons:
- They have a lung disease, such as pneumonia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung cancer, or have contracted the COVID-19 virus.
- Some people may experience shortness of breath after an intense workout. This condition is also common in obese people.
- Dyspnea can also occur when one experiences a temperature change. An example when you go from a warm room to the cold outside, you may become short of breath.
- People with anxiety, panic, or severe stress may also experience shortness of breath.
- If you live in an area with a lot of air pollution, you could be a victim of shortness of breath.
- People who live at high altitudes can also become short of breath.
- Those diagnosed with cancer, especially of the lungs or those undergoing cancer treatment such as chemotherapy, may also experience dyspnea.
If any of the reasons listed above are causing you shortness of breath, it is advisable to seek medical attention and proper treatment.
Read all minute by minute news updates for Uttar Pradesh 2022 Election Results, Punjab 2022 Election Results, Uttarakhand 2022 Election Results, Manipur 2022 Election Results and Goa 2022 Election Results.
Click here for seat-wise LIVE result updates.