A terrifying video has surfaced on social media showing a girl’s hair getting stuck in a Ferris wheel at a local fair in Gujarat. According to the Instagram page that shared the video, the incident took place in Khambhalia town of Devbhoomi Dwarka district at a local fair during Ganesh Chaturthi. The girl, who was riding in the ride with her hair open, was left screaming after her hair became tangled in one of the handlebar masts after just two revolutions. Hearing her screams, the ride was immediately stopped and other people were evacuated.
A few people can be seen climbing up to rescue her. While one person holds her head while another person cuts her hair with a knife. Meanwhile, dozens of people watched the gruesome scene with bated breath, while some recorded the incident on their mobile phones. The exact date of the incident is not known.
Watch the video here:
NDTV cannot verify the authenticity of the video.
Many were shocked after watching the video and hoped the girl was doing well. Others noted that people should be careful and advised women to tie their hair properly so that the joyful ride does not turn into a nightmare. Several people questioned the safety of such rides in India, noting that precautions should be taken to prevent such occurrences.
One user wrote: ”This really isn’t funny…a lot of people just think of this as a funny video…this could cost someone’s life…I was in the same situation a few months ago..this ride was so dangerous if my hair got there…the only way to get there is to cut the hair.”
Another said: ‘You shouldn’t sit on this swing with your hair open. When the swing comes down, the hair flies into the air and where the swing comes down, the hair gets tangled in it.’
A third added: ”New fear unlocked.”
Last month, a 55-year-old woman died after falling from a Ferris wheel installed at a fairground in Noida, while her daughter-in-law and grandson sustained injuries. The organizer of the fair and the operator of the ride were taken into custody
Click for more trending news