Reliance announced on Saturday that it has entered into a pact with New York-based premium luxury hotel Mandarin Oriental. The $98.15 million deal to acquire 73.37% of the hotel adds kudos to the conglomerate. This decision, through its wholly owned Reliance Industrial Investments and Holdings, ranks the company among the top players in the luxury sector in the Big Apple.
The hotel is a landmark of the famous city, and of course it is everything New York symbolizes in this modern world: charm, opulence, ethereal royalty and elegance. Here are a few features that make the hotel stand out:
- It is a 248 room and suite property in Columbus Circle that towers over iconic Central Park.
- A favorite among Hollywood stars, the hotel is frequented by the likes of Helen Mirren, Morgan Freeman, Isabelle Huppert and Liam Neeson.
- The ballroom is a popular venue for galas and fundraising events in the city.
- Established in 2003, the hotel enjoys worldwide recognition and has won several influential awards.
- It features rooms that offer stunning views of the city’s iconic landmarks – Hudson River, Central Park, New York’s skyline, etc.
- The hotel operates one of only two Forbes Five-Star spas in Manhattan. A statement from the group reads: “This acquisition will contribute to the group’s consumer and hospitality footprint. The group already has investments in EIH Ltd (Oberoi Hotels), Stoke Park Limited in the UK and is developing a state-of-the-art convention centre, hotel and managed residences in BKC Mumbai. The transaction is expected to close at the end of March 2022.”
Disclaimer:DISCLAIMER: Network18 and TV18 – the companies that operate news18.com – are controlled by Independent Media Trust, of which Reliance Industries is the sole beneficiary.
Read all the Latest News, Breaking News and Coronavirus News here.