Onions poured into a dish can make you happy just as easily as you can cry while cutting it. The crunchy texture and tangy hue of the juice make any dish savory. Onions can serve both as an ingredient and as a side dish.
India is full of Biryani lovers. Aside from the bursting flavors the Biryani is loaded with, one side dish that makes it more mouth watering is the addition of fried onion. The glaze and crunch it adds to the dish is amazing. But getting the right amount of fry and the golden haze seems easy, but it certainly isn’t.
If you’re struggling to get the perfect golden fried onions, MasterChef Kunal Kapur is here to help. Chef Kunal recently shared a clip showing the correct method to make fried and crispy onions. The tips and tricks shared by the celebrity chef will ensure you get the perfect onions for your curry and Biryani.
Chef Kunal shared the clip, writing in the caption, “How to cook onions perfectly for Biryani or Pulao without burning them? A super easy way – watch now and save!”
Watch the video here:
Here is the step-by-step guide to get perfectly fried onions:
- Peel the carrot and the top part of the onion.
- Remove the peel.
- Cut the onions in half and chop finely. The more accurate the chopping, the better the result.
- Take a wok and pour in about a liter of oil if you plan to fry about a kilo of onions.
- Heat the oil to medium or high. The low heated oil will cause onions to soak more oil.
- Pour the onions into the oil, remembering to stir continuously during the process.
- When the onions take on a brown hue, lower the flame and start taking out the fried onions.
- Remember to spread the onions evenly on a dry tea towel to prevent them from turning bitter and black.
- The fried onions can be used for any kind of dish except Biryani. You can even keep them and use them for about 3 months.
Read all the Latest News, Breaking News and Coronavirus News here.