Running is one of the simple ways to get the vital benefits of exercise. Running can be considered all forms of cardio and is one of the great ways to improve cardiovascular health, in addition it burns calories. While running is a great form of exercise, there is often a debate about which is better: treadmill running or road running?
Every runner has their preference, some can’t stand the monotony of the treadmill while others can’t pick up the pace outside and prefer the manual controls on the treadmill. But both ways have their pros and cons, check them out:
Benefits of running outside
• Running outside is more fun than standing on the treadmill in one room
• Increases the person’s motivation to continue exercising
• Running outdoors gives you access to the fresh air
• You feel more connected to nature
• Running on harder surfaces, such as roads or trails, strengthens the bones
• Running in green reduces the number of depressions and blood pressure
• Finally, running outside is extremely free if you don’t consider the cost of the running shoes
Disadvantages of running outside
• Running outside makes you dependent on the weather conditions
• It is less ideal for running in the rain, snow and extremely hot or cold temperatures
• Running outside at night can be dangerous, so you should keep an eye on the time.
• Walking outdoors in extremely cold or high temperatures puts you at risk of dehydration
• You have to follow the route, people who are not good at following the location will find it difficult.
• You must wear reflective clothing and a headlamp if you choose to run at night
Benefits of running on a treadmill
• A treadmill gives you control over the smallest aspects of your run
• You don’t have to depend on the weather or timing to start running and can run any time of the day, in any season without thinking twice.
• Undeniably, the accessibility of the treadmill is its greatest advantage.
• Running on the treadmill is good for your joints, as most treadmills have cushioned tires to absorb some of the shock.
Disadvantages of running on a treadmill
• The price of the treadmill may be a disadvantage for some people who cannot afford it.
• Running on an indoor treadmill tied in one place can get boring over time.
• The everyday routine can affect mental well-being.
So after much deliberation, it can be said that road running is good when the weather is clear, otherwise go for a treadmill.
Read all the Latest News, Breaking News and Coronavirus News here.