Wildlife biologists in Connecticut, United States, had to rescue a bear cub that stuck its head in a clear plastic jar, according to conservationists.
Connecticut Fish And Wildlife official page shared a after on June 30, stating that the cub was rescued by Connecticut wildlife biologists DEEP (Department of Energy and Environmental Protection).
According to the afterscientists at the DEEP Wildlife Division learned about the bear cub last week.
Because of the warm temperature and tight fit of the container, it was important to try to release the cub as soon as possible, it added.
The biologists reacted quickly and saw the cub, which was perched on a tree. The cub was successfully sedated. After the shot, it fell from the tree and the clear plastic tray was removed.
Fortunately, the container did not cause any harm to the bear, Connecticut Fish And Wildlife officials said in the Facebook post. After being released, the cub quickly found its mother, who was waiting nearby.
The division also asked for a favor from people, writing: “Anyone can help animals get trapped in these kinds of situations by properly securing waste and recyclables. Be it balloons, fishing lines or plastic containers, wildlife can often be swallowed or entangled in improperly discarded or stored items.”
The post received thousands of likes on Facebook. Users can thank the animal department for helping the bear in the comments box.
“Thank you, Connecticut Fish and Wildlife, for helping the bear and spreading the word about items left by humans that are really harmful to animals,” wrote one user.
While another said: “Thank you!!!!! The poor thing must have been terrified, Mommy too.”