The festive season is the happiest season in India and festivities mark not only the gathering of families and friends but also lots of delicious food, gifts and decorations. Get ready to add some festive charm to your home! As the holidays approach, it’s the perfect time to transform your living space into a cheerful retreat.
Aayush Chaudhary, Principal Architect of Acad Studio understands the importance of creating a festive atmosphere in your home during Indian festivals.
Chaudhary has put together tips and examples to help you renew your space and give it the perfect festive touch:
- Choose a color schemeAdding vibrant colors to your interior can add a festive touch. For example, use bright yellow, orange and red tones for Diwali, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Light up your spaceLighting creates atmosphere during the holidays. Add diyas, string lights or lanterns to your interior to create a festive and cozy environment. You can use colorful Christmas lights and traditional diyas for Diwali.
- Add traditional touchesCreate an instant festive touch by incorporating traditional accents such as torans, rangolis or streamers. You can hang a colorful toran on your front door or create a beautiful rangoli at the entrance of your home for Diwali.
- Experiment with texturesDifferent textures such as silk, cotton or jute can create a unique and inviting space. For example, use colorful silk cushions for Navratri or a beautiful jute rug for Pongal.
- Be creative with your table settingsThe holidays are all about spending time with loved ones over a meal. Enhance your dining experience by getting creative with your table settings, adding festive tablecloths, placemats or centerpieces to your dining table. You can use a traditional tablecloth for Onam or a colorful rangoli-inspired table runner for Diwali.
- Think of the smellsAdding festive scents like sandalwood, jasmine, or rose can immediately improve your mood and make your space more festive. You can use scented candles or potpourri to create a soothing and fragrant environment during festivals like Dussehra, Diwali, Baisakhi etc.
With a little makeover you can give your space a new look and create an atmosphere that will leave lasting memories for your friends and family.